Monday, September 7, 2015

Austria trip

Well Dad sounds to be having a great time in Austria. Sound like he had better weather the first week. He got himself a bus/lift pass and has been making the most of it! He hops on a bus to the ski lift and then takes  the lift up the mountains and then has a walk back down and hops back on the bus back to the hotel. If he times it right he gets to have lunch at the top of the mountain ! That sounds my sort of "walking" :)

He usually manages to get back to the hotel in time to catch the end of the days cycling in the Tour of Spain ! I did tell him that the Tour of Britain has started but that's not being shown on  Eurosport so I have to text him the results.

He's now moved onto Saalbach and sounds like he's had a couple of wet days. He was going to hire another e-bike but the weather was a bit wet/cold so he gave it a miss. Again he's been using the buses/ski lifts to get up the mountains. Today he's been to Zell am See and on a steam train to visit a waterfall ! I was well jealous of the steam train until he told me it broke down ! 

He's been out and about in the evening too. He went to a music and dancing pub one night (I bet he moaned it was "too loud") and tonight he is going bowling - that I would love to see !

Just one full day left tomorrow as he's back home on Wednesday !


No comments:

Post a Comment